Friday, January 8, 2010

Could it really be yes?

61) Kitchen Aid Mixer
62) the word YES
63) wrapped in blanket lovingly made by Meme
64) yummy homemade soup
65) pink and brown polka-dots
66) angels in the snow
67) books,books,books
68) kisses on nose
69) orchids in bloom
70) warm cozy fire

The first week of the New Year has come to a close. So many posts written about new ideals, new hopes for the year written with such optimism. One such post, talks about the year of Yes, yes to our children, yes possibly even to the mess that this could involve. It is a challenging thought, an intriguing idea, could it possibly work?
Over the years, the children would ask some random idea...could we play with play doe(5 min before dinner) could we finger paint...how about moon sand? Can we take the cushions off the couch..upstairs...(this in itself usually elicited a very quick ..no). When I would say..maybe, eyes would light up, and the thought was that it just might become... yes. Could this be the year of Yes? A whole year of yes? Maybe not all the time, not for everything, I mean I am not so unrealistic to think this new thought of mostly yes, can come so easily. It is not that I haven't said yes. Through out the years, I have been known to say yes to many messes, lots of baking, children's parties and yes, even to moon sand. I would like my Yes' to outweigh the No's, somehow finding a way to say yes. Listening intentionally to the what and the why of the question, instead of writing off the idea because of my time constraints, or my concept of how home should look. Embracing the ideas, the creativity, the fun and enjoying the laughter that is sure to follow.
As I close this post, I realize..Yes, it is possible after all, for it is only Me who needs to say Yes, it is a choice, one that I need to intentionally make, starting right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment