Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I invite you to listen...

51) hugs from little one
52) new printer....and fax
53) circle of band on my finger
54) hot sudsy water
55) tim hortons tea cup
56) the wonder of child learning and understanding
57) our library
58) my borrowed Nativity
59) the fresh smell of laundry
60) chocolate

Many times over the last few years, as I was trying to communicate to our children some universal truth, I would come waving papers freshly printed and call to them to come listen, listen to words that would gently guide and maneuver us along this path we call life. I have said it so often, that firstborn boy, now turned man, smiles and says the words..."I know, Mom, I know, this is just how you feel, just what you would say, if only you could say it so eloquently." we laugh at his reenactment, but truth rings in his words.
It may be in her stories of motherhood,
her quest for our Savior, it is just that Truth becomes alive in her interpretation of Scripture, she has a way of uttering the words of my heart cry.
Today, as I read her post,
I smiled quietly to myself....how did she know... for I too,
could not put away the borrowed Nativity,
the Babe captivated me.
I just could not put Him into a box.
I invite you to read...the words I would say, if only I could say them so eloquently

No comments:

Post a Comment