Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Book Review: Sabbath

I was really looking forward to reviewing the new book by Dan B Allender, Sabbath, from the ancient practices series. It seems in the last few years I have been drawn to studying about the Sabbath. I have researched the Saturday verses Sunday opinions and was hoping to gain some new insights into some of these issues. I also am fully aware as a Christian that we are to be keeping the Sabbath and was hoping to find some clear indications on Biblical references for this. I found the book useful in helping the reader to learn that the Sabbath is a time to rest taking pleasure in Gods' creation, but I found this book to be lacking in much depth. I am also concerned with a few of the 'grey area' issues that arise in this book...let's just say that I will not be donating it to my church library. I was given this book for purpose of review by Thomas Nelsons blog review program. I am thankful that I am able to give my honest review. I would give this book 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment