Saturday, January 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home


For these things I am grateful.... simply joyful at the blessings that the Lord has graced this life with....



101) quiet Saturdays spent reading

102) orchids blooming at window

103) sounds of gentle strum

104) the beauty in the cross

105) phone calls across the miles

106) giggles, deep belly laugh giggles

107) gentle husband of mine

108) water park adventures for special boy

of Ours....thank you special friends!

109) machines that wash away the dirt

110) gift of home on wheels and boys preparing it for adventure


I have reached my first hundred gifts and I'm continuing the counting. I was wondering how it would be, this list of mine...could I possibly find 1000 things to be grateful for? And yet, I find myself continually counting throughout the day, noticing the things I sometimes took for granted. The everyday gifts, the everyday giggles. It seems so soon, but after a month of counting, I don't think I could stop if I wanted to. This Gift list is Contagious!


Gift 104) the beauty in the cross... I was thinking today (DH says this is dangerous!) how beautiful would I be, if it was not for the cross...if it was not for the One who gave me life? If I lived only for Me...would I be a blessing to those to whom I have been trusted with? I have been made beautiful through my relationship with Him. For this I am most thankful.


So I encourage you to write down your list, or quietly name your gifts, and you too will find yourself infected with gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment